Greg is a Principal in the Tax Department of
the Eden Prairie Office of Olsen Thielen and has more than 17 years of tax
experience. He works primarily with closely-held, family owned, and
start-up companies. Greg joined the Firm in 1989.
- Consults with partnerships and LLCs
regarding tax planning strategies. Works closely with real estate
investments (residential/commercial) coordination the tax implications
in relation to the individuals including like kind exchanges and cost
- Active public speaker to real estate
- Extensive individual tax experience
including investment/stock option analysis, multi-state issues, family
tax planning, research, tax minimization strategies, passive income, and
alternative minimum tax (AMT) planning,
- Conducts tax planning and research for
corporations in a variety of industries.
- Researches and advises on consolidated
tax return issues including multi-state operations.
- Advises clients and provides tax
accounting services on compensation, stock option planning, payroll and
employment tax issues, and accounting methods.
- Offers additional tax experience in
trusts, estates, retirement plans.
- Real estate development
- Medical and health care
- Professional services, including
engineers, architects, attorneys
- Partnerships and LLCs
- Trusts and estates
Education and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting form
St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud
- Master of Business Taxation (MBT) from
the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Member of the American Institute of
Certified Public Accountants (AICPS) and Minnesota Society of Certified
Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Member of Twin West Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the MN Wealth Builders Group