The Minnesota Real Estate Show Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Certificate of Rent Paid - Minnesota

Certificates of Rent Paid (CRP)- What is my obligation as a landlord?

Minnesota Department of Revenue has recently issued a bulletin (3/4/16) concerning the CRPs.

Certificates of Rent Paid (CRP)

All rental property owners, managers, or operators must provide a Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) to each person who rented from them during the previous year unless they are qualify for the specific exemptions.

CRPs are due January 31

What if my tenant didn't receive a CRP or received an incorrect CRP?

If a landlord refuses to issue a CRP, or fix an incorrect CRP, the tenant may request a Rent Paid Affidavit (RPA) from us. To request an RPA, call the MN Department of Revenue at 651-296-3781 or 1-800-657-9094 (toll-free).  The tenant will need to provide information about themselves and their landlord when requesting an RPA

For more explanation and guidance here is the link:


Greg Nelson, CPA, MBT and Mark Angell, CPA, MBT

Olsen Thielen CPAs

March 5, 2016

Greg Nelson - Olsen Theilen CPAs

Greg Nelson, Olsen - Thielen  CPA's

Adam Hartung, Financial Planner

Steve Stalock, Win Home Inspections

MN Real Estate

Minnnesota Investment Property

Minnesota MLS

Minnesota First Time Home Buyers

Minneapolis lofts

Lake Minnetonka real estate

Minnesota Short Sales

Categories by Subject


Categories by Date